Internet Explorer is a web browser that is available in Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, etc. Internet Explorer is supported by Microsoft. It is used less as compared to other web browsers because it is provided for backward compatibility.
All versions of Internet Explorer:-
Except that Internet Explorer version 11, rest all are obsolete and not in use. Might they have any undiscovered security issue or any existing problem that will never be fixed and leave you vulnerable to attack?
If your Windows support this version then you can easily switch to Microsoft’s new browser: Edge.
The latest version of Internet Explorer:-
It is a web browser which is built by Microsoft Corporation. Internet Explorer is the first web browser which is produced and live for long-lasting one. It was launched in 1995, August and its version is updated from time to time and the latest one is Internet Explorer version 11 in 2013, October. It is linked to the Windows Operating System.
For Windows 10, the latest version is Internet Explorer 11.0 and it was launched in Dec 2019.
For Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1, the latest version is Internet Explorer 11.0 and it was launched in Dec 2019.
For Windows 8.1 and Windows RT, the latest version is Internet Explorer 10.0 and it was launched in Dec 2016.
For Windows 7, the latest version is Internet Explorer 11.0 and it was launched in Dec 2019.
For Windows Vista, the latest version is Internet Explorer 9.0 and it was launched in March 2011.
For Windows XP, the latest version is Internet Explorer 8.0 and it was launched in March 2009.
Download Internet Explorer for Windows 7:-
For Windows 7 you have to install Internet Explorer version 11.0 from Microsoft official website. But, in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 it is pre-installed.
Update your Internet Explorer with the latest version:-
For downloading the older version of Internet Explorer then you have to type http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/downlaod-ie on Microsoft official website.
Latest Internet Explorer browser version form API:-
Browser Versions API is used to provide the latest versions for Internet Explorer and all other browsers. You can use this data on your computer or laptop easily.
Still, Internet Explorer supported:-
Till 2016, January, Microsoft stopped to support all versions of Internet Explorer except the latest version 11. Windows are unable to run the latest version of Internet Explorer.
Use Microsoft Edge:-
One of the new web browsers of Microsoft is Microsoft Edge. It is totally designed as the modern age that leaves the legacy and issues of Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer for Mac:-
Opening Internet Explorer on the Mac device is not easy. We provide you different ways to use Internet Explorer on Mac. You can use Safari which is a different version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. If you want then you can also install a virtual machine and use Internet Explorer on Mac or simply use third-party browsers which is available on macOS.
Open Internet Explorer on Mac with the help of Safari:-
You can use Safari to launch Internet Explorer on Mac. Follow the below steps carefully:
- Form Safari, navigate to the Preferences section and select the Advanced
- Now, check for the Show Develop menu in the menu bar.
- Then, you have to access Safari with the help of developer tools which is used to inspect the website, empty caches, and it simulates a variety of other browsers from the Safari app. You can use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer on Mac with the help of Safari.
- First of all, navigate to Safari’s menu bar and select the Develop menu option.
- Now, go to the User-Agent section and tap on the browser for which you looking, it may be Microsoft Edge, or any version of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.
- Them, that browser will be open.
- The User-agent section almost covers all reasons behind the Internet Explorer on Mac.
Use Internet Explorer on Mac with the help of Virtual Machine:-
Virtual Machine installs a full-scale copy of Windows on your Mac and waits to launch an app that is inside the macOS. Follow the below steps:
- First of all, download Windows ISO files and VMware fusion both from the official website.
- Now, open VMware fusion.
- Then, an installation window will be open, then select Create a new custom virtual machine.
- Now, drag and drop the Window ISO file into the dialogue box.
- After that, tap on the Finish option.
- Now, reopen your Virtual Machine and tap on the play option to set up the Windows.
Use a third-party browser on Mac:-
If Safari does not work properly or you don’t like to use it for Internet Explorer on Mac. So, you can download any other stable and widely used web browser and make it default one for your macOS. Go through the below steps:
Google Chrome is one of the browsers which is used almost. Its share is 45-60% in the market browser. Google Chrome is developed by Google and it is compatible with desktop and Mobile Phone both. It also boasts a significant number of plugins and web apps which are exclusive for it. Google Chrome has been praised for its high speed and well integration with all other Google products.
Mozilla Firefox is also a web browser is used more. Its first commercial website is called Netscape. It is an open-source program that is owned by the not-for-profit Firefox foundation. Mozilla Firefox is a fast, secure and a boost supportive community over the world. It is an alternative to Safari and Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer for Android:-
As you know, almost half of the population uses an Android device and one-third activity is done by the web browser. Some of them think that the Android browser is best and no need to change it. But, some of them want to change their browser to Internet Explorer.
Steps to download Internet Explorer on Android:-
You can use Internet Explorer on Android devices effectively to browse the internet. remote is a software which is developed by Microsoft that allows the users to use Internet Explorer on Android device. Follow the below steps:
- At first, use RemoteIE with the help of Microsoft account.
- Now, open and download RemoteIE for your Android device.
- You can also download RemoteIE for iPhone, Mac, and Windows-based devices.
- Then, start the app and tap on the Microsoft Remote app.
- Now, provide your Microsoft account details.
- Then, you will get the details of your subscription.
- After that, tap on the checkbox which is with the Internet Explorer.
- Then, entry of Internet Explorer technical preview option will be added to the main Microsoft Desktop app which is accessed with the use of Android.
In this blog, we discuss the latest version of Internet Explorer. I hope, it is helpful to you. If you have any doubts regarding this then call our expert’s team to resolve them.
Read More:- Sbcglobal Email not Working