Avast is used by a lot of users throughout the world. People use it because it works well and most of the features provided free of cost. Although, it has introduced some features that have a cost. But, the basic software is […]
Avast is used by a lot of users throughout the world. People use it because it works well and most of the features provided free of cost. Although, it has introduced some features that have a cost. But, the basic software is still free. Users have told us that they find it to work well as compared to the other anti-virus software. One of the features provided by Avast is the Avast email signature. This feature provides security to the emails that we send from our PC. Then, an avast signature is added to all those emails. When you install Avast on your PC, this feature is enabled already. Many users don’t prefer this feature so much. So, if you are one such user who wants to disable this feature, here are the ways how to turn off avast email signature. We will be discussing in detail the ways to turn this feature off for all the versions of the avast.
Latest version of avast email signature:
It is very easy to turn off this feature on the latest version of avast. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the Avast icon available on the Desktop. If you don’t have the shortcut on your desktop, you can open this by clicking on the Start Menu and then click on All Programs. There click on the Avast from that list.
- After you have opened Avast, click on Settings (it is a gear-like icon available at the top-right corner of the screen).
- In the list of Settings, look for the option General. Once you have found this option. Click on it (General).
- When in the General Section, uncheck the box that is before the option Enable Avast email signature.
- Just after finishing this procedure, restart your avast software.
Older versions of avast email signature:
The older versions of avast have a different interface. If you have older versions installed on your PC, you will need a different approach to disable this feature. Follow the steps mentioned below to disable avast email signature on your PC:
- Open the avast anti-virus software on your PC by following the steps mentioned above.
- Go to Settings. (by clicking on the gear-like icon available on the top-right corner of the screen)
- Once you are in Settings, click on Active Protection.
- Then, click on the customize button available next to Mail Shield.
- After clicking on this, the Mail Shield page will open.
- From the Left Panel, click on the option Behavior.
- Search for the option Insert note into the clean message (outgoing), all you have to do is to uncheck the box available before the option Insert note into Clean message. Then, click on the OK button to finish this process.
- Restart your Avast
In case you don’t have avast Mail Shield installed:
Some of the older versions of avast (older than the 2016 versions) have not the feature to disable the email signature through the interface of the Avast software. In this case, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the Start button.
- Go to Programs then click on Programs and features.
- Click on the option Avast from there.
- Then, an avast anti-virus setup will appear on the screen.
- Then, click on the option Modify.
- Uncheck the box before the option Mail shield component.
- Then, click on the option Change to finish this process. Wait until the process is finished and restart the avast on your PC.
In this article, we have discussed it in detail about how to turn off avast email signature on your PC in different ways. If you find any difficulty in doing so even after trying all the steps mentioned above, you can contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below. We have got a team of experts to solve all your issues related to PCs and phones.
Read More:- Avast Driver Updater Key