Our Gmail Id is our basic identity for registering in almost every service available on the internet. Being concerned about the security of our g-mail id is always appreciated. Because once your g-mail account is hacked, there are threats more than you […]
Our Gmail Id is our basic identity for registering in almost every service available on the internet. Being concerned about the security of our g-mail id is always appreciated. Because once your g-mail account is hacked, there are threats more than you can imagine. You should always review your g-mail account to make sure that your ID is safe. As the internet grew, the threats related to online services also increased at the same pace. You should know that hackers have many ways to get into your account.
Tools like phishing emails and fake profiles are used to hack the Gmail account of someone. If you are one such user who doubts the security of your Gmail ID, this article is for you. Go through the different steps mentioned below to tackle this problem if you find your Gmail account hacked. You can use the following information to know whether you have got your Gmail account hacked or not.
Check the last activity by your account:
This is the easiest way to look if you have a suspicion that your g-mail account has been hacked. In that section, you will get the details about the place and the IP of the device that accessed your account. Follow the steps mentioned below to check the details of last activity on your account:
- Log in to your g-mail.
- At the bottom of the page, you will find an option called Details.
- Go through the details of those activities and if you find anything that you can’t recognize, then you may doubt that you have got your Gmail account hacked.
Review your security settings:
You can take another step towards checking whether your Gmail account is hacked by reviewing the security settings of your Gmail account. To review the security settings, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the profile icon that is available at the top-right corner of the screen. Then, click on Google Account.
- Choose Security from the list of options available on the left panel of the screen.
- Scroll down and then you will see an option Recent Security Events, click on this option.
- There you will find the details if Google has detected something suspicious on your account.
- Scroll down further to the section Your Devices and from that section click on Manage Devices.
- Check if you can recognize all those devices. If you see any device there that you don’t recognize then it is possible that your Gmail account has been hacked.
- In case, you can’t recognize the devices that you see in that list, click on option Secure your account.
You can take further precautions to make your account more secure by following the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the option Third-party apps with the account access section.
- Check whether you can recognize all the apps that have access to your account.
- You can remove the apps that you suspect and then Tap on that app and then click on Remove Access.
You can check other things to know whether your Gmail account is hacked. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open your Gmail account.
- Click on the option Linked account.
- See if you can recognize all the accounts and if you suspect any of the accounts that have been listed their remove that account. All you have to do is to tap on the account and then click on Remove Account.
Check if your emails are being forwarded to other accounts:
This feature is not known to many users. So, people underestimate this feature. Here, we will be talking about this feature in detail. We can forward all the emails that we receive on our account to the email ID that we want. So, when your Gmail account has been hacked, hackers forward all the emails that you receive to their own account. To check it, head to the forwarding page of your email and check if your emails are being forwarded to an unknown email ID. If you see that your emails are being forwarded to any other email ID that you don’t know then there is something wrong with the security of your Gmail security.
What to do if your Gmail account has been hacked
- Open your Google account.
- Go to the Home Section and click on the option Get Started that is under the We keep your account protected section.
- Go to the section Take the Privacy Checkup and click on Get Started.
Some preventive measures you can take to secure your account from being hacked.
- Change the password of your Gmail account frequently.
- You should use a strong password. Your password shouldn’t be related to your preferences and other things.
Use two-step verification for your account on Gmail. You can enable this feature by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to your Google Account.
- Click on the option Security.
- From the list that appeared on the screen, turn on the 2 step verification by clicking on the button next to this option. (2 step verification adds an extra layer of security in the authentication process of your account. When you enter your password then you are not logged in to the account immediately instead an OTP is sent to your account and after entering that OTP, you will be allowed access to your account).
In this article, we have mentioned every possible way to check whether your Gmail account is hacked or not. If you are unable to access your account even after trying all the options mentioned above, you can contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below. We have a team of experts who deal with all security issues related to your online account.
Contact: +1 888 509 9555
Read More:- google account recovery for android