Facebook is one of the most widely used social media platforms. There are over a billion users of this platform. This platform is used by the people to share their moments with others. Any application keeps on updating its versions to provide more features to the users and also to fix the bugs that were present in the last version. With Facebook including AI to make your experience even more real on Facebook, the future of this company looks even more bright. Facebook provides the facility to talk with other people using the app called Messenger. This application is widely used for conversation between two persons or even you can create groups too. But many users are upset because they don’t find any option to retrieve the messages that they have deleted. If you have committed this mistake, there is nothing to worry about because we will tell you every possible way to recover deleted Facebook messages. Read this article carefully to get the proper answer.
- Some other options that you may try before you recover deleted Facebook messages:
While recovering the messages you should know the difference between the message and the conversation. The message is a small piece of text that you send to someone while the conversation means the whole record of messages between you and the other person. While recovering the messages you should keep it in mind that recovering conversation will far easier as compared to recovering the messages. Follow the steps mentioned below to recover deleted Facebook messages:
- Log on to your Facebook account using the right credentials.
- Go to the messages of Facebook that will open your most recent conversation.
- Go to your Facebook Messenger inbox and find the conversation that you know you have deleted. ( even if you have deleted the conversation from your side but you can ask for the screenshots of your conversation from the recipient. You can also ask your recipient to download a copy of your conversation).
- Before attempting to recover deleted Facebook messages, you should check whether you have archived those messages that you have just deleted. You can check whether you have archived the messages by following the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the settings It is a gear-shaped icon available on the top-left corner of the screen in the Messenger application.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the option Archived Threads.
- Check whether you have archived the conversation that you want to recover.
- Check if your conversation was sent to your email: You should check whether the conversation that you want to recover has been sent to your email. You can do it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Once you are on the Facebook page, click on the arrow icon (arrow pointing downwards available at the top-right corner)
- From the drop-down list, click on the Settings
- Once you are on the Settings page, select the notifications
- Expand the email icon by clicking on it.
- Check if you have ticked the boxes before the options “All notifications except the ones you unsubscribed from” and “what you will receive”. If you haven’t checked these boxes then your messages will not be available on your email.
- Check the trash folder of your email: Many email service providers keep the deleted messages in the trash folder even up to 30 days from the day you have deleted the messages.
- Steps to help you back up your messages to email:
- If you are unable to recover deleted Facebook messages follow the steps mentioned below to back up the messages to your email:
- Log in to your Facebook account by typing the right credentials.
- Once you are on your Facebook page, click on the arrow icon (a downward pointing arrow available on the top-right corner of the screen).
- Then, a drop-down list will open on the screen. Click on the Settings
- Then, you will be directed to the Settings page. Select the Notifications to tab from the left panel of the screen.
- On the top of the screen, there is a button called Email. Click on this button to expand this option.
- Check the box before the option All notifications, except the ones you unsubscribe for.
- Download your conversation of Facebook on your computer:
- You can download your conversation on Facebook using your computer. If you are unable to recover deleted Facebook messages, follow the steps below to download the messages on your computer:
- Log on to your Facebook account using the right credentials.
- Click on the triangular icon (a triangular icon pointing downwards available at the top-right corner of the screen).
- In the drop-down menu, click on the option Settings.
- From the left-panel, click on the General
- At the bottom of the screen, you will find an option called Download your Information, click on this option.
- Click on the option Deselect All
- In the list of options, check the box before the option
- After you have checked the box, scroll up and click on the button Create File.
- Check your email that you have registered on Facebook. Open the email named Download email.
- In the email, click on the link Download your information.
- Then, you will be redirected to a new page. Click on the button Download.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the password that you use to log in to your Facebook account. After entering the password, click on the submit button.
- A new page will open on the screen where you will see the ZIP folder of your conversation. Download those folders and then extract the files from that ZIP folder to see your conversation. (You can extract the files from the ZIP folder by right-clicking on ZIP folder and then, click on Extract All option)
In this article, we have mentioned every way to protect your conversation in case you delete them. If you don’t follow these instructions then you will be wondering how to recover deleted Facebook messages. To avoid data loss when you delete your conversation, you need to opt for some preventive measures. All the suggestions are mentioned in the upper sections of this article. We hope you have protected your messages by following the steps mentioned above. If the help provided above is not sufficient to solve your problem then it means that you need some expert help. You can get all possible help regarding this issue from our team. There are experts to solve your issues related to phones and PCs. We specialize in solving issues related to your online interactions.
Contact:+1 888 509 9555
Read More:- how to recover facebook account without email