In this age of the internet, almost every user of the smartphone uses the internet at some point in time. There are more android users than any other platform. You should have a properly working Google Play Services for smooth functioning of several applications. Several services like Google Play Games, Google Play movies work with the help of Google Play Services. Because of this fact, Google Play Services come pre-installed with android phones. But, many users face difficulty with Google Play Services. Most of the online platforms were flooding with the questions related to google play services won’t update issue. If you are one such user facing the same issue, this article is for you. Here, we will talk about different ways that may help you solve this issue.
Restart your Phone:
That is the first thing to do whenever you are facing issues with any of your services. When you restart your device, many services are set to default, and that may solve your issue. You can restart your Phone by turning it OFF and then turn it ON again. Just press and hold the power button until you see a message on the screen. When there is an option to power OFF your device, tap on this option. After your device has turned OFF completely, turn it ON again by pressing the power button.
Free up space from your Device:
In most of cases, Google Play Services are updated automatically. Whenever there is an update, the new software occupies some extra space. You can face the google play service won’t update issue if there is no space on your device. You can free up space by going to the Settings and then tap on the option Storage and then delete all the unnecessary data.
Delete the cache for Google Play Services and the Google Play Store:
Google play services won’t update issue may occur if you have not deleted the cache and application data for your Google Play Services. Delete such data to get rid of this issue. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Tap on the Settings icon from the Menu and then click on the option Applications (in some android devices this option is called Apps/Application Manager, Apps & Notifications).
- A list will open on the screen containing all the applications that are installed on your Phone. Click on the option Google Play Services.
- From the new page, click on the option Storage.
- Now, you will see two buttons on the screen, click on the option Clear Cache. Wait for some time and the cache for this application will be deleted.
- Click on the option Clear Storage to finish this process.
Do the same for the Google Play Store.
After completion of this process, restart your phone and see if you have solved your problem.
Re-enable Google Play Services on your phone to solve this issue:
Many users have solved their google play services won’t update issue by re-enabling it. At first, you have to disable this service and then enable it again. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Settings on your phone and then click on Apps.
- Tap on the option Google Play Services and then click on the Disable button.
Many users see the Disable button in grey color. In that case, users can’t disable this feature. In that case, follow the steps mentioned below to disable it:
- Open the Settings on your phone and then click on the option Security. (this option is also known as Security & Location or Lock Screen & Security)
- Tap on the option Device Admin Apps. ( in some devices, it is known as the Device Administrator). If you are unable to find it, click on the option Advanced and there you can find this option.
- Click on the Toggle button next to the option Disable Find my device.
- Go back to the Applications section and then click on Google Play Services and disable it.
Check the Date & Time on your device:
All of the online services work by matching the Date & Time of your geographical area and on your device. If your device has a different Date & Time, you will face google play service won’t update. If Date & Time is not correct, follow the steps mentioned below to solve it:
- Tap on the Settings icon on your phone and then click on the option System.
- Click on the option Date & Time.
- Tap on the toggle button next to the option Automatic Date & Time. Do the same for the option Automatic Time Zone. If these options are already enabled, disable them, and then enable them again.
Reset the Application Preferences on your device:
If any of the options mentioned above didn’t solve your issue, you can reset the Application Preferences to solve your google play service won’t update Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Open the Settings on your device.
- Tap on System and then on Reset options.
- From the list of options, look for option Reset app preferences and then click on this option.
Doing this will not delete any data on your phone. Go to the next fix if you have not solved this issue so far.
Uninstall the latest updates of Google Play Services:
Uninstall the Google Play Services to get rid of this issue if any of the solutions mentioned above. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Tap on the Settings icon and then click on Apps.
- Select Google Play Services from that list and then click on the three-dot icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on the option Uninstall Updates.
Now, Google Play Services will start updating, and you will get the latest version of Google Play Services on your phone automatically.
Manually install the latest version of Google Play Services on your device:
This is the last option to try if any of the solutions mentioned above didn’t work for you. You can do it by downloading the APK file for the latest version of Google Play Services on your phone. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Download the APK file from a trusted source.
- After downloading the APK file, click on it to initiate the process of installation. (turn on the feature Enable applications from the third-party creator)
- After installing this application, restart your phone and see if your problem persists.
In this blog, we have mentioned many ways to solve your google play service won’t update issue. If any of the solutions mentioned above didn’t work, contact us. You can contact us through our website. Our team of experts can solve all your issues related to Phones and PCs. We specialize in dealing with issues related to online services. Feel free to connect with us by calling on our toll-free number. We are available 24X7 to help you.