With a smartphone in every hand now a days, basic services like email access, google search and other internet related activities have also become handy. So, what if you forget your google password? Or simply you want to change it for security reasons? Here we will discuss simple steps to How to Change gmail or google password not only on your android device but also on desktop. But note here, your google apps like Gmail, calendar, google play store etc. will not be able to sync with your account , once the password is changed ( there are other solutions available for this problem too
How Do I Change My Google Account password on Android
- Select ‘settings’ option in your device.
- Here you’ll be able to see an ‘Accounts’ option .
- Click the accounts option and select ‘Google’ among the options available.
- Now look at the upper right hand corner of your screen. This is the ‘Menu Icon’ denoted by three vertical dotted lines. Tap this icon.
- From here , select ‘Sync now’.
- You will get a notification saying “Account Action Required”. Select that notification. Here must guided by steps for changing google password on android device.
Case 1 :- Changing google password on Desktop and Laptop
- Open your gmail account and sign in.
- Click ‘sign in to Google’ under ‘Sign in & security’.
- Here an option ‘password & sign in’ is there, select ‘password’ from it.
- Now you must be ask to sign in again.
- You can create a new password now (containing numbers, letters, capitals and special characters in order to make it strong) and click on ‘change password button’.
Case 2 :- Changing google password with Gmail Android App:
- In your android phone, open ‘Gmail Application’ and select Menu Icon. Here the Menu Icon is in left hand corner denoted by three vertical dotted lines.
- From the menu select ‘Settings’.
- Click ‘My Account’.
- From ‘Sign in & Security’ choose ‘Change password’ option.
- Verify your account by simply entering your current password.
- Now create a new password and click ‘submit change password’.
- Always remember that your password should be strong and must contain various characters, numbers and letters.
We have discussed in this blog the possible fixes to Change Google password on Android. If you still have any queries regarding to this content, then you can contact us through our site or the number provided on our site. Our experts are available for 24*7, and they answered your queries.
Contact Details :-
Website : www.equoesto.com
Contact Us : +1(866)235-4333