One of the best software to have an organized way of managing mails with your daily task. At times Outlook doesn’t synchronize the Gmail account so you will face many issues. In such a case you will have to know how to fix the Gmail Not Working in Outlook. When you have to think it on yourself how to fix it, then it is a time-consuming process and you land up wasting time. Thus, to help you out with this, the below steps will be helpful.
Steps to Fix Gmail Not Working in Outlook
- Login to Gmail in any browser and then go to the settings page.
- Then go to the forwarding and pop/IMAP tab, click on it.
- You will have to enable IMAP and then tap on save changes.
- And then open your outlook app to start.
- Now in Outlook tap on files and then you will find the option to Add account, click on it.
- Go with Manual setup of Additional server types and then tap on next.
- Then select POP/IMAP and fill all the required stuff such as email, incoming mail server, outgoing server, etc. And then enter smtp.gmail.com
- After that go to more settings, and then shift to SMTP authentication option.
- Finally, go to the Advanced tab and then choose “Use SSL to encrypt your connection”.
- Make sure the IMAP and SMTP port number is the same that is (993 and 465)
- Tap on save changes and then access to Gmail account and click on your profile.
- And there choose sign in and security and choose Connected apps and sites.
- Enable the Allow less secure apps option and save the changes and get back to outlook.
- Finall, you will be connected to Outlook. That is Gmail will be connected to outlook.
This is the easy way you can get it done rather than blinking you an eye of how to do it. So, make sure you don’t get confused and just follow the ways to error Gmail Not Working in Outlook easily.
There may be numerous reasons behind outlook connect cannot to gmail, this error and their respective solutions, but we will talk about the most effective solutions.
Configure your Outlook and the Gmail account properly:
This fix has worked for most of the people facing outlook cannot connect to gmail server If anything is wrong with the configuration, you may face this issue. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Launch a browser on your PC and then go to com
- Log in to your Gmail account by typing your credentials.
- Open the Settings page of your Gmail account.
- Click on the tab named Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- When on the new page, enable IMAP if it is not already enabled.
- Save the changes that you just made by clicking on the Save
After completion of this process, follow the steps mentioned below to make some changes in the Outlook account:
- Open the Outlook application on your PC.
- Click on the File tab from the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select the option Add Account from the new page.
- Check the radio box before the option Manually Configure the server settings or additional server types and then click the button Next.
- On the next screen, it will ask you to choose the service, select Internet Email from the three options available.
- Now, fill in the details in specific fields like your name, email address, and other details. In the text field next to the option Incoming Mail Server, type gmail.com and in the field named Outgoing mail server, type smtp.gmail.com.
- After finishing this procedure, click on the button named More Settings.
- When a new screen opens up, click on Outgoing Server and, then select the option My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Now, click on the Advanced A drop-down menu will appear on the screen. From that menu, select the option use SSL to encrypt your connection.
- Type 993 as the IMAP port number and 465 as the SMTP port number.
- Save these changes by clicking on the Save
After the completion of this procedure, there is one last thing you need to do. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Login to your Gmail account and then click on your Profile.
- Click on the option My Account.
- Select the option Sign-in and security and then click on connected apps & sites.
- There you will find an option Allow less secure apps. Enable this feature.
- Save the changes that you just made.
- Now open your Outlook try to connect it to your Gmail account.
- Enable App-specific password for your Gmail account:
If the fix mentioned above didn’t solve your problem, you should try this one. Here, we will mention the steps required to enable the App-Specific password to tackle the outlook cannot connect to gmail Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Launch a browser on your PC and log in to your Gmail account.
- Click on your Profile Picture and then select the option Google Account.
- Go to the Sign-in and Security section and then click on the link Apps with account access.
- After scrolling down a bit, you will find an option Allow less secure apps. Enable this feature by clicking on the toggle button next to this option.
- Look for the option 2-step verification and enable (you will receive an authentication code on your phone)
- Now, click on the option App passwords.
- Generate a new password for your Gmail connection with Outlook.
- Choose the application and device type.
- After completion of this procedure, click on the Generate Now, Google will create a new password.
- Use this new password when you connect the Gmail in Outlook.
- After completion of this procedure, go to outlook and connect your Gmail with Outlook using the new password.
We hope this fix must have helped you when you cannot connect gmail to outlook. If your problem of outlook cannot connect to gmail issue persists even after trying the fixes mentioned above, try the other fixes mentioned below.
Check the connectivity of Gmail TCP ports:
This is an option worth trying when outlook cannot connect to gmail imap server. If you are using Windows 10, you can do it by using Test-Netconnection PowerShell cmdlet. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Open PowerShell as administrator.
- Type the following command there:
Test-NetConnection imap.gmail.com –port 993.
Test-NetConnection smtp.gmail.com –port 465.
Hit Enter after completion of this procedure and then wait for some time.
If you get a result TcpTestSucceeded=False then the Firewall is blocking access to your Gmail account. In this case, you should look for the setting of your Firewall. If you have installed some anti-virus software on your PC, this may also block your access to Gmail.
Some other tips to solve this problem:
- We hope the solutions mentioned above must have worked for you but if you are unable to get rid of this issue even after trying the fixes mentioned above, you should make the following changes:
- In the account settings of the server, change the IMAP server from gmail.com to imap.googlemap.com and the outgoing server from smtp.gmail.com to smtp.googlemail.com.
Disable all the add-ins in your Outlook. You can do it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open Outlook and click on File at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select Options from the new window.
- Then, click on the option Add-ins.
- Disable all the add-ins that are enabled in your Outlook.
In this blog, we have mentioned many ways to help you solve your outlook cannot connect to gmail problem. If any of your queries remain unanswered even after trying the fixes mentioned above, contact us through our website. We have a team of experts to solve all your issues associated with PCs and Phones. You can also connect with us by calling on our toll-free number. Our team is available 24X7 to help you. The contact details are provided below.
Contact Details :-