In this vast era of technology, billions of people around the world access the internet. There are several companies that manufacture devices in the world. Among all those companies, Apple stands apart. Users praise the products of Apple for the reliable and accurate service. Apple devices come with their inbuilt software. Safari is the preselected browser for Apple devices. Safari is widely used in iOS and Mac devices. But any technology is not perfect. Same is the case with Safari application. Recently, a large number of Apple users were facing the issue of Safari Not Working in iOS.
If you are a user of Safari facing the same issue, you are in the right place. In this blog, we will talk about all the possible solutions to fix this issue. Read this blog carefully to get rid of this solution. Try the solutions mentioned below and see which one works for you.
Check your internet connection:
Whenever you are facing difficulties with any of the online services, you should check your internet connection. In the case of Safari Not Working in iOS, first thing to check is your internet connection. Check the configuration of your router if you are using broadband service. In case you are using a public WiFi service, you should switch to the Cellular Data.
Re-launch the Safari application on your iPhone:
Deadlock or other system glitches are caused because of continuous usage of Safari for a long duration. You can solve this issue by re-launching the Safari on your iPhone. First, you should close this application from the background. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Press your Home button two times quickly.
- All the applications that are running in the background will appear on the screen.
- Swipe up the Safari app from there.
If you are using iPhone or later versions, swipe up the horizontal bar from the bottom of the screen. Then, slides of all the applications that are running in the background will open on the screen. Tap on the slide of Safari and then swipe up this slide.
After you have closed Safari, wait for at least 30-60 seconds and then launch this application again. Your problem of Safari Not Working in iOS must have been resolved by now.
Restart your iPhone:
If your problem of Safari Not Working in iOS persists even after trying the solutions mentioned above, you should restart your iPhone to resolve this matter. Restarting your iPhone will set almost all necessary Settings to default. This procedure is very simple. Just turn OFF your iPhone by long pressing Sleep/Wake button. Press and hold the Power button for some time. Then, you will see a Power OFF slider. Once this slider appears on the screen, slide it and turn OFF your iPhone.
After your iPhone has turned OFF, turn it ON by pressing the Sleep/Wake button again.
Check the version of Safari browser on your iPhone:
The fixes to many bugs are included in the latest updates of any software. People think that updating any software is all about consuming more space, and they skip the updates. But this is not a healthy habit. In case, you don’t remember the time when you updated your Safari for the last time, you have to update your Safari browser. Follow the steps mentioned below to update Safari on your iPhone:
- Launch App Store on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Update
- All the applications that are outdated will be listed on the screen.
- If Safari is in this list, click on it and then this application will be updated automatically.
When the Safari is updated successfully, launch the Safari application again and check the status of your Safari Not Working in iOS.
Delete history, cache and website data on your Safari browser:
Users face Safari Not Working in iOS glitch when they have not deleted the cache and other such data. Here are the steps that you should follow to delete History and other such Data:
- Launch Settings application on your iPhone.
- Select the Safari application from that list.
- Now, click on the option Clear History and Website Data.
- It will ask you again to confirm your decision, click on Yes.
After completing this procedure, follow the steps mentioned below to delete browser history and cookies:
- Open Safari application on your iPhone.
- Tap and hold the backward arrow button and history tab will open on your screen.
- In the toolbar, click on the Bookmark tab and then tap on the History
- When you have opened the History Menu, tap on the option Clear and select the time range.
You can also delete the website data. But make sure that you have backed up everything stored on your Safari browser. You should also log out of every account that you use on your Safari browser:
- Tap on the icon of Settings on your iPhone.
- Select Settings from that list and then click on the option Advanced.
- Tap on the option Website Data and then select the option Remove all Website data.
- At last, tap on the option Remove Now to finish this process.
Turn OFF the suggestion feature on your Safari browser:
Safari suggestion is a nice feature that helps the users to get specific content on their Safari browser. But, many times this feature has been found to be linked with the Safari Not Working in iOS You can turn this feature OFF to solve this glitch. These are the instructions to do it:
- Open the Settings application on your iPhone and then select the option Safari.
- Search the option Safari Suggestion and then tap on the toggle button of this option.
Check the restrictions on your iPhone:
The Restriction is a feature that is used to manage applications on your iPhone. It is kind of a parental control feature. When all the solutions mentioned above proved fruitless for your problem of Safari Not Working in iOS, you can make some changes in the Restrictions settings. Here are the instructions to do it:
- Open the Settings icon on your iPhone.
- Select General from the list of options.
- Tap on the option named Restrictions.
- Tap on the toggle button next to the option Safari.
After making this change, see if you are able to run Safari on your iPhone.
Disable the experimental features on your iPhone:
There are many experimental features available for an iPhone. A lot of such features are available for the Safari browser. These features are very cool, but they are not complete. These features are called experimental because they are still in the development phase. In case, you happen to be a user who has enabled these features on your phone, you may encounter issues like Safari Not Working in iOS. Follow the steps mentioned below to disable experimental features:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Select the option Safari from the list.
- Tap on the Advanced
- Select the option Experimental Features and disable all these features.
When you have disabled these features, see if your problem has faded. If not, follow the next fix.
Update the OS on your device:
This is the last option that you may try. When you are using an outdated version of OS on your iPhone, you may face issues like Safari Not Working in iOS. Follow the steps mentioned below to update your Operating System, but you need to be connected to a wireless network for updating this way:
- Open the Safari application on your iPhone.
- Tap on the option General and then click on the option Software Update.
- See if any Update is available. If there is any Update, click on the link Download and Install the Update.
You can also update the OS on your iPhone by using iTunes. Here is a complete guide to help you do it:
- Your PC should have the latest version of iTunes on it.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC and then launch the iTunes application on your PC.
- After the interface of iTunes has opened on the screen, it will show the iPhone that you just connected. Click on the option of your iPhone.
- Select the option Summary from the screen.
- Now, click on the option Check for Updates.
- If any update is available, it will be listed on the screen, click on the option Download and Install the update.
- Type the password if it asks you about it.
After your software has been installed successfully, see if you are able to solve this glitch.
In this blog, we have mentioned many ways to solve your Safari Not Working in iOS matter. When your problem is persisting even after all the steps have been tried, there is nothing more you can do by yourself. Visit our website and then contact us. We have a team of experts who can solve all you problems related to Phones and PCs. Connect with us by calling on our toll-free number. Our team is available 24X7 to help you in this regard. We specialize in dealing with issues related to online services.
Contact Details :-